Make Nine Coliving Your Next Digital Nomad Destination
We found home and community at Nine Coliving, a beautiful historic mansion that has been transformed into a co-living and co-working house in the Canarian colonial town of La Orotava.
One thing we love is seeing people we know materialize their dreams. Our friend Anne is from Utrecht in the Netherlands and had a dream of opening a co-living and co-working space in the Canary Islands. Her dream became reality when she opened Nine Coliving, a beautiful mansion in the colonial town of La Orotava on the island of Tenerife.
A historic mansion turned modern
We stayed at Nine Coliving for ten days, and it was the best! Nine Coliving is a historic mansion from the 1800s converted into a chic living and working space for remote workers and travellers.
If you’re not familiar with the concept of coliving, it’s a concept for people who travel and work remotely. When you travel alone, you wind up seeking constants like community, a place to live and a place to do work. Nine Coliving provides those things!
Our favorite parts of the Nine experience
1. Watching the sunset from the roof: The roof of the house faces all directions and you can watch the sun go down as it dips into the clouds and the sea. On our final night, we discovered a new island in the distance (it was La Palma)!
2. The town of La Orotava: Nine is located in the center of this charming Tenerife town that has a lot of history, cobblestone streets, views of the water and plenty of places to eat and watch the world go by. We enjoyed wandering the streets and always noticing something new, no matter how many times we had walked up or down Calle Tomas Zerolo, where the Nine house is located.
3. Cooking, eating and BBQing on the patio: What’s better than one cook in the kitchen? Two! Or three… or four! The kitchen and the dinner tables at Nine are social spaces where food is shared, coffee is made, lunch is cooked and stories are told.
Our best nights in Tenerife were the ones on which the Nine family made time for a group BBQ and sat around hanging out with ice cream and dessert.
4. Looking for the turtles in the pond in the yard: The house has three outdoor spaces, namely the roof, the courtyard and the patio and yard! The yard has grass and a pond, where you can look for all the animals.
5. Getting work done in an inspiring space: The workspace is a bright room with views of the town, and there’s a conference room, event space and desk space for everyone. Staying at Nine was an experience that felt like having family - a family of explorers, adventurers and creative people.
Interested in reserving a room at Nine? You can book at www.ninecoliving.com.
Last updated on November 15th, 2022
You may also like
How to Plan for Your Trek Through Sapa, Vietnam
What's the best plan for a trip to Sapa, Vietnam? This town is known for its views and location, but we suggest focusing on the hiking and trekking aspect for your planning.
Review of Abraham Hostel in Tel Aviv, Israel
Looking for one of the best hostels in Israel? Abraham Hostel has it all - a rooftop deck, a venue for concerts, delicious Israeli breakfast and tours galore. Check out our review of one of the best hostels in Tel Aviv.
Visiting Mackwoods Ceylon Tea Plantation in Sri Lanka
Escape the heat and head up into the mountains of Nuwara Eliya, where you'll drink black tea from the source and see why they call it Hill Country. We visited the Mackwoods tea plantation, where we got lost in a sea of green tea trees.
Tips for Traveling Around the Dominican Republic North Coast
What’s there to do in the Dominican Republic North Coast? With a week or two-week itinerary to travel in Puerto Plata, Cabarete and Sosua, here’s a list of what to do and where to go, even if you’re not into water sports.
Review of MeetMe23: Unique Stay You Won't Want to Miss
MeetMe23 in Prague was designed with the elements of a boutique hotel and modern tech design. Its modern-meets-historic vibe is attractive to travelers who often look for interesting accommodation that has personality.
What to Do in Medellin in 2 Days
We rounded up the best things to do in Medellin if you have two days. Want to check out the best cafes in El Poblado? Looking for an easy Medellin itinerary? Check out this list of things to do.