Bogota Photography Meetup & Workshop
Thanks for attending!
We had so much fun and we’re so glad that you were able to attend our photography workshop. We want to share some of the resources that we mentioned during our talk in case you wanted to check them out. If you’d like to view our presentation, view it on Google slides.
Good beginner cameras
- Sony a6000. Dan owns this camera and it’s an amazing deal for the price.
- Canon M50. This is our pick for a solid travel camera. It’s small and lightweight, yet powerful and offers good photo and video features.
- Google Pixel 2. We both own this phone and the picture quality is amazing. The camera app updates often and the photos keep getting better and better.
- Apple iPhone 7 (and above). iPhones have great cameras and every version above the iPhone 7 has a decent camera to work with.
- GoPRO HERO7. This is the best GoPRO update yet! The stabilization and improved audio are enough to want this camera. I own the HERO5 and am currently considering an upgrade.
Editing your pictures
We’ve included a link to download our Lightroom catalog. Feel free to explore the different sliders in Lightroom and make your own edits with these files!
- Check out these phone apps for photo editing:
- Check out these desktop apps for photo editing:
For even more resources about phone photography, check out our friend Patrick’s videos all about this topic:
- iPhone 8 Plus 4K video test
- iPhone XS vs Pixel 2 Low Light Battle
- Using Lens Distortions app for iPhone
- Photos & videos with the Pixel 2
- Pixel 2 & Pixel 2XL camera test
How to store your travel photos
- Back up your local files on Dropbox
- When your hard drive fills up, expand to an external hard drive. Back up that external hard drive with Backblaze.
- Also consider storing your photos on Google Photos, Adobe Cloud Storage or Amazon Prime Photos.
Continue your photo and video journey
- Check out our photographers to follow on YouTube guide.
- We like PetaPixel, Fstoppers and Digital Photography School for photography-based articles.
Next steps for staying in touch!
- Check us out on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Get out and shoot this weekend!
- Hashtag your photos and videos with #halfhalftravel on Instagram or tag us @halfhalftravel.
Join Becca and Dan for their monthly meetup event. We invite you to an evening of learning about travel photography tips and tricks, followed by networking with fellow professionals in Bogota. Sign-ups are required because of limited space.
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018
7pm - 9pm
📌 Event Location
WeWork La 93, 9th floor. We’ll provide snacks and WeWork will provide beer and other drinks. When you arrive, please check-in at the front desk with a screenshot of your sign-up on this page. Please tell desk staff that you’re here for the meetup with Becca & Dan.
Check out more maps!
Unlock more maps like this with your email address! You'll automatically be signed up for more map and location related things from us in the future.
About Your Hosts
About @halfhalftravel: 👋 Hello! We’re happy that you’re interested in our meetup. You can visit our About Us page to learn more about us and our story. We’re currently in Bogota, Colombia, for the month and we spent last month in Medellin, Colombia.
Have Any Questions?
For questions before our event, please email us so that we can be in touch. Please make sure to RSVP with the button above! We hope to see you soon.
✌️ ❤️ Becca & Dan